Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 28 - “A fishing paradox”

OK, OK.  So I ducked out for a few hours to try some fishing yesterday.  To begin with, no one had any live shrimp for bait.  Should have known that was not a good sign.  I went on out to the beach at my usual spot just in front of WalMart.  I made that now-long, long trek from the seawall to the water (Thanks to the beach replenishment project).  Strike two.  And then trudged through the ever-increasing waves to get beyond the breakpoint of the sand bar.  That should have been strike three right there.  But no.  The best time to go fishing is when you can, and I was already there, so I figured maybe I could get some whiting at least.  Not so much.  I ended up feeding the catfish and getting a major workout fighting the waves.  So major in fact that I could feel myself beginning to get more and more frustrated.  That’s my cue to start praying.  I managed to find a relatively calm spot and started doing some heavy talking with the Master.  It took a while.  I’m kind of dense at times.  But before long that sense of peace that can only come from him finally found me.  Not that the fishing improved, but the fishing improved.  Gotta love those spiritual paradoxes.

Romans 12:10 says, “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”


Father, thank you for proving over and over again that you love me.  Amen.

No comments: