Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 3 – “A most impossible task”

We had to drive into Texas yesterday.  I had a rheumatology appointment.  All looked pretty good for a change.  In fact we spent most of the time talking about what to do if my new insurance doesn’t include him in its plan.  He entered the room apologizing for being a few minutes late and went right into a tirade about how it was President Obama’s fault.  He assured me that I “wouldn’t be abandoned.”  He would still see me, and “there are ways around this mess.”  I don’t have to return for six months.  I did still have to stop in at the lab for some blood work.

At the lab I was washing my hands after the prescribed urine sample gathering and noticed the container of “hand sanitizer deodorizer antiseptic germicide hand cleanser.”  Someone had written on it in big black magic marker letters, “SOAP.”  Thank you.  That was quite helpful.

We followed up with our usual lunch at Luby’s.  Against my better judgment I had their fried codfish.  Sometimes you just get a craving for fish that can’t be satisfied.  Chris had liver and onions.  Not enough gravy.  Don’t worry.  I’ll get some of that leftover liver later today for lunch.  Perhaps a liver and mayo sandwich.

On the way back into Galveston we stopped at the quilt shop in Dickinson.  Chris is making a Dr. Seuss themed quilt for the Bethlehem Street Market silent auction at Seaside.  I know.  Not the most exciting visit from my perspective.  It’s not like I could help choose colors or anything.  She was trying to find a very specific shade of red.  The sales lady chided her a bit because apparently that is a “most impossible task.”   My first clue came when the lady said, “Why are you doing this to yourself?”  Hmm.  They all looked the same to me.  Fortunately I got a phone call and was “forced” to go outside so I could talk and not disturb the fabric remnant section.  Thanks for calling, Cory.  Actually, I don’t mind going to places like that with Chris.  She is quite patient with my wanderings and often inappropriate comments.  Besides, I love that woman.

James 5:14 says, “Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.”


Father, thank you for the brisk weather you graced us with this morning.  Way down into the 40’s.  Where’s my ski jacket?  Amen.

No comments: