Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 12 – “Kaput”

Not much time this morning.  It’s 5:30 a.m. and we are about to head out to the church for our Bethlehem Market Craft Fair.  Cailyn spent the night with us, and she is already up and at ‘em. 

I did want to reveal to the world that I have officially reached the milestone that many have achieved before me.  My cell  phone died.  Not just feels bad, mind you.  The thing is dead.  The twenty-something girl at the AT&T store couldn’t even get it to take a charge.  I don’t know.  Maybe she was too old.  Either way, it is gone.  Kaput. 

And I am now the befuddled owner of one of those iPhone 6s machines.  It recognizes my fingerprint, so I don’t have to type in the entry code.  It has a better quality camera.  It has a stronger screen.  It knows when I am sleeping and it knows when I’m awake.  It knows when I’ve been bad or good.  Oh, for goodness sake.  I’m carrying around Santa Claus in my pocket.

1 Peter 1:21 says, “Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.”

Father, please use this event today for your glory.  Amen.


No comments: