Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 18 – “Found”

I was so excited about the little flower we found in our backyard yesterday, that it was all I could think about.  There was one other big event.  My assigned task for the day was to find Fritz, the Lost Dog.  Sounds like a children's book, doesn't it?  I had the number of the vet we use, and I was planning to call the new makeshift dog shelter that just reopened.  Step three was to go back to the scene of the crime – the escape – and play Sherlock Holmes.  Although, we already had a good idea how he got out.  The question was which way did he turn when he got to the front yard?

 

Before I even had time to eat breakfast, the phone rang.  It was the vet's office.  "Mr. Vaughan?  Have you by any chance been looking for Fritz?  Because he's been found and he's waiting for you to come pick him up."  Now how great is that?  Once again, I hadn't even prayed about the situation, and God was already involved in handling it.  Although I found out later in the day that Jachin, our four-year-old grandson, had indeed been praying that we would find Fritz.  "I miss that guy," he told his mom.  In fact, after they prayed in the car during their search, Jachin suggested they go to the seawall and look.  The traffic was pretty heavy when they got there, so they returned to the neighborhood. 

 

Well, I gave the rescuer a call and said I would be there soon.  Mom and I hopped into the car and headed for Galveston.  I asked where they found him, and guess what?  Old Fritz had indeed made his way to the seawall.  This guy was a dog lover – he had five of his own.  He recognized the danger, so he took Fritz home and called the vet number on his tag.  The rest, as they say, is history.

 

Last night Kel and I went to Home Depot and got some replacement fence to fix the latest escape route.  At this point all is secure.  At least until Heidi sniffs around and finds another one!

 

Little kids are the best, aren't they?  I believe that Jachin's prayer had a lot to do with this particular rescue.  He was even right about the seawall, wasn't he?

 

Jesus said in Matthew 18:3, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

 

Father, help me be more like a child.  Help me really believe you will answer prayer.  You certainly have shown that you can enough times.  Amen.


No comments: