Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14 – “No UPC Code found in the system.”

 

We went into Houston today.  It was my appointment time to get my hearing aids checked.  The technician cleaned them, showed me how to change a filter in them, and checked them for operation.  I guess they passed.  The best part of the visit came when Chris asked her how her trip went.  I didn't remember her telling us she was going anywhere until she started talking.  She went with a group to Africa to work with some little kids over there.  She was very excited about it, so our visit was a bit extended.  Sorry all you people who were in the waiting room. 

 

On the way home we stopped at Lowe's.  Chris had to pick up something for her Mom.  And of course we ended up picking up some bushes for the front flower bed as well.  Hutch called while we were there.  He wanted us to pick up some toilet paper holders at Sam's to be installed in the school building at Seaside.  Now there's an exciting request.  He even had the item numbers to make it easier on us.  Problem was, Sam's didn't have a single thing on his list.  I even asked the guy to check his computer.  The message kept coming up: "No UPC Code found in the system."  He graciously explained that that meant he couldn't call other Sam's stores, because they wouldn't have it either. 

 

When we got home we planted the bushes with little fanfare.  We even made a quick trip to WalMart to get some Weed 'n' Feed.  Guess what I get to do tomorrow? 

 

I checked my email.  Had thirteen messages.  That hasn't happened in a long time.  Come to find out, most of them were Facebook comments about my new profile picture.  It's a great closeup of me at a youth fellowship with ribbons and pins and I have no idea what else being stuck to my hair.  I did answer one Facebook message from a high school friend.  Girl.  Chris said she didn't know if she liked that or not.  Our high school 40th anniversary of graduation is coming up, so several folks from that antique phase of my life have been making contact about a possible reunion. 

 

I read some stuff online about rheumatoid arthritis.  Chris asked me when I finished if I learned anything.  There was one thing.  It doesn't ever really get better.  It did say I should exercise and do a lot of stretching, but if it hurts, rest.  That's an interesting philosophical dilemma.  Exercise so far always makes it hurt.  By definition, if it hurts, it is nearly impossible to rest.  I suppose they simply mean if it hurts, stop exercising for awhile. 

 

We're heading for Jachin's t-ball game in a little while.  Then we go out to the church.  It's youth group night, but I need to check out one of the bathrooms.  I understand the flush handle doesn't work.  Again with the bathrooms. 

 

Psalms 143:1 says, "O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief."

 

Father, there have been a few times lately when I have really needed your relief.  What you have sent has been better than physical relief from the pain.  Thank you.  Amen.


No comments: