Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 10 – “Invasion”

I went into Texas with Chris yesterday.  Ready for this one?  To go shopping … for her … clothes … at the mall.  Yes, this is really me talking here.  I wasn’t abducted by aliens for the morning and replaced by a clone.  I went willingly.  Happily, even.  I don’t know why.  I just can’t explain it.  I spent some time with my sweetheart doing something that she doesn’t particularly like to do.  Yep.  Didn’t know that about Chris?  She doesn’t really like to go clothes shopping for herself.  Never has.  Ain’t she a dream?

And here’s the truly amazing thing.  The very first store we went into … she found something.  I’m not sure that has ever happened.  As I said, she is a very – umm – “careful” shopper.  Well, I liked it, too.  A skirt and blouse that goes with it.  Now we are both all set to dress up for AnnaGrace’s baby dedication on Sunday.  Oh, did I forget to mention?  I went shopping, too, just not yesterday.  The other day when we stopped in at WalMart to get some fruit, I nabbed two new Island flowerdy shirts.  Nine ninety-nine each.  What a deal.  Nice.  They both go with my Sunday best jeans.  And I can wear either my sandals or my Nikes.  See?  I’m just as ready as she is. 

The best part of the trip yesterday, though, came when we went out to lunch.  We decided to make it something really special, so I hit the Around Me app on my phone.  And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Five Guys hamburger joint just around the corner.  Never heard of Five Guys?  Well, that’s probably because you have never been to Huntsville, Alabama, then.  We were introduced to the then-local chain back a few years ago when we were on our Totally Random Driving Tour Vacation.  Our then-Alabama friends Larry and Diane encouraged us to try it while we were in the area.  I gotta say, that’s a good burger.  The junior cheese bacon burger that I ordered was at least as big as a Whataburger, and the lettuce and tomatoes and pickles were fresh and crispy.  You can also get grilled onions, jalapenos, and a host of other options.  And we ordered French fries, regular sized as opposed to small or large.  Should have gone with small.  They don’t fry them until you order them, and we ended up having to throw some away.  They even have a sign on the wall that tells where in Idaho they ordered the potatoes from.  They also have free peanuts you can munch on while you wait, so if there are nut allergies in your life, stay away.  To their credit, though, there was a sign on the door asking, “To protect our neighbors with nut allergies, please do not carry peanuts outside of the establishment.”  So a new burger place has invaded Houston.  I for one am glad they have seen fit to go international and enter Texas.

Hebrews 7:26 says, “Such a high priest meets our need — one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.”


Father, thank you for successful journeys and fun discoveries.  Amen.

No comments: