Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11 – “Storms”

It’s thunderstorming outside right now, so I’m going to hurry and get something up so I can unplug the computer.  That’s winter in Galveston.  At least the 39 degree weather appears to have gone away. 

I spent a few hours on a project out in the garage the other day.  One of several we have going, actually.  This one involved staining.  Not the best thing to do in the weather we have been having.  In fact it even said on the can, Drying time six hours.  Unless it is raining or cold.  Then it will take longer.  That’s not actually an exact quotation.  I got the idea, though.  We ended up letting it dry overnight and putting a second coat on the next day. 

The next project is one I have been putting off for quite a while now.  I’m actually going to try to figure out what the problem is with our garage door opener that blew out a few months back.  I already found the owner’s manual and even checked out the little flashing code thing.  Two more steps to see if it is salvageable or if we should put it out of its misery.  I think Nathan will get a call to bring some assistance to this one. 

Aaaaand that flash of lightning was getting rather close, so I’ll close for now.  Gotta protect the hardware so I can return to write another day.

Zechariah 10:1 says, “Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds.  He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone.”

Father, thank you for rain and heavenly light shows and sound tracks that shake the whole house.  Shows just how amazingly powerful you are.  Amen.

No comments: