Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 13 – “Feeling Crummy”

Today was a tough day for me.  I felt really bad.  Sore throat.  Ache all over.  But I figured that I couldn't get sick right now.  Chris and Mom went to another baby shower for April.  That meant I had to get the church at least a little bit clean and set up for church tomorrow.  And speaking of church, if I had to preach right now, we'd have to have a service of all singing.  The drive home was difficult.  I didn't sleep so well last night, so my body was doing its best to make up for it.  Chris was good about checking in with me to see if we needed to stop.  We did make one extra "MeeMaw looks like she needs a chocolate milk shake" stop.  And we did make it.  They got to the baby shower on time.  I did a monstrous job of cleaning the church. 

 

I remembered to stop by the house to get the mail.  Guess what?  We got a letter from the city.  They have determined that our house was not substantially damaged by Hurricane Ike.  It was our "official" permission slip to keep doing what we've been doing.  I also saw in the paper that City Council had a change of heart and is dropping the requirement to have a permit to put up sheetrock.  It has a time limit on it.  Some time in January.  Maybe we'll get in on that deal.

 

You know what just hit me?  God is God, even when my day is pitiful.  In Matthew 28:20, Jesus says, "I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

 

Father, my throat hurts.  I feel crummy.  I know that's usually a "Mommy" kind of thing, but thanks for letting me come to you,too.  Amen.


No comments: