Thursday, November 23, 2017

November 23 – “Reader’s Digest version …”

Here’s the Reader’s Digest version of yesterday’s events.  I’m heading out to make a round of all the fire stations today to wish the guys on shift a Happy Thanksgiving.  Gotta try to get back by noon since we have a boatload of people coming over to the house. 

Did some computer-oriented work yesterday.  Checked on our order for Spanish-English New Testaments for the Alvin Ministry Christmas gifts.

Texted the Bee Guy to see if he is still coming to get rid of our bee problem at church.  Yep, he still hasn’t made it out.  Hope we can clear it out before Bethlehem Street Market on the 9th.

Worked on some Dad gifts (Those spectacularly personal gifts I give to the adults in my immediate family.  They are “Dad gifts” because Chris refuses to allow her name to be associated with them in any way) while Chris cleaned house for our impending Thursday influx of people.  Aaaand … then I helped Chris clean house.  How did I think I was gonna get around that, anyway?

Noa came over for a while.  She surprised us.  Out of the blue she started a pillow fight.  One would think that child has four brothers.  Oh, wait.  She does …

She finally settled back into somewhat normal stuff.  She worked really hard on a letter to Santa.  But she addressed it to his elves.  That was, in her words, “in case he is busy sending some stuff to me or something.” 

Psalms 4:6-8 says,
“Many are asking, ‘Who can show us any good?’
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.
7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety.”


Father, watch over our first responders and hospital personnel in particular today.  Amen.

No comments: