Sunday, October 11, 2026

October 11 - “Beginning goodbyes”



In spite of my earlier speculations, we did pass by a McDonald’s on the way to our next lodge. Actually it was on the way to the airport. Everybody went on the ride to deliver Nancy first. She left the bus to a chorus of “Nancy! Nancy!” Lots of hugs. 


Our flight is not until Monday, so Ryan took us on to our lodge. Tom’s flight wasn’t until 6, so he hung out with us. We managed a photo of the group (sans Ryan and Aimee) in front of the bus and the Gondwana logo. 


Inside I checked in at the front desk, but our room wasn’t ready yet. They were gracious enough, though, to issue us parking passes for our suitcases. Then we all confiscated a chair in the waiting area by the fire. Cozy. Cozy enough for a nap … 


For lunch we walked back over to the on site restaurant that we ate at last time we were here. Same waiter. Great guy from Serbia. Chris had the same thing as last time. Halibut chowder. I had the clam chowder. Very tasty. We then ordered dessert. The guys insisted that I order a chocolate moose. Come on, Guys. I succumbed to the peer pressure though. 


And then the waiter returned … empty-handed. Something about there not being enough moose left for a full serving. Sure. Yet another verification that there is no such thing as a moose. 


Next we made a stop in the hotel lobby. This was a matter of desperation rescue. Actually it was an opportunity to poke a little more fun at the whole moose legend. There in the gift shop was a tiny stuffed critter in the image of that perpetual hoax. Of course I liberated it (don’t worry. I paid the bail). The rest of the day that mooselett named Mabel rode around in my shirt pocket. 


‭‭John‬ ‭10‬:‭10‬ says, A thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.


Father, be with Nancy and Tom and the rest of our group who are traveling or back home by now. Amen. 

No comments: