Chris had physical therapy again, and they taught her a few more tortures - er, I mean exercises. Just in time to take them with us to Alaska. Woohoo!
Meanwhile I plodded through my two and a quarter mile trek around and around the clinic. No significant new interactions. I did get a big grin and a cheery “Good morning!” from the cleaning lady I see all the time. I guess she finally recognizes me. She used to just duck her head and turn away. So that one’s a win.
Our afternoon was spent packing. Yep. We hauled out the suitcases and set about filling them up. There was one fun extra involved in that process. We got to play with our new toy. We got one of those tiny little vacuum cleaner things that comes with the plastic bags. You cram as many clothes as you can into the bags, then turn that vacuum cleaner loose on it. All the air is summarily sucked out, and in an instant, you have way more room for other junk. It doesn’t make the suitcase any lighter, but there is lots more room. Genius invention.
We also watched the Astros’ last game of the season. They have figured out a host of ways to lose games to the White Sox in the post season. Sigh. Oh well. At least now it’s college football season …
Philippians 4:19 says, And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Father, bless that maintenance lady at the clinic building. Give her some good days ahead. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment