Wednesday, August 11, 2021

August 11 – “Covid-good”

I had my six-month doctor’s checkup yesterday.  Had to miss water exercise to do it early, too.  Kind of weird being the very first patient of the day.  I got to watch them attempt to sterilize the office and suddenly remember that they were supposed to be wearing masks again.  All he did was adjust one of the meds I take as a preliminary to weaning me off of it entirely.  I asked if I needed an antibody test since I had had The Covid.  He said, “Oh, no.  You have antibodies.  We stuffed you full of them.”  I guess that means I’m Covid-good.

 

Kel and I went out to the church for a few hours.  I wanted to introduce him to some of the nooks and crannies I have discovered (and created) over the years.  We dug through closets and storerooms and took a long look at the “library.”  There really is a lot of potential with that thing.  We just have never been able to get the interested people hooked up with the right access.  It’s difficult with groups using the building all the time.  It’ll be interesting to see what becomes of it.  I think Kel’s favorite room was the upstairs storeroom.  It is full of trash-treasures that he thinks he can get some money for on ebay.  I told him to go for it and have fun. 

 

While we were digging through some of that “storage,” I got a phone call from our regional BGCT representative, Ernest.  He was in the area and wanted to know if he could come by.  He said he needed to replace the letter that was included with the congratulations certificate he presented at the anniversary.  Seems there was a misspelled word on the original one.  And the word?  My name.  Left out the “Y” in “Kelley.”  I honestly hadn’t noticed.  He was surprised to find out that Kel was a Junior.  More surprised to find out Kel’s wife was also a “Chris.”  I told him that now he won’t have to remember new names when he comes to Galveston to visit Seaside.  Of course it was great to see him again.  Always a pleasure.  Only thing I missed was the usual selfie he takes before he leaves.  Oh, well.  No reason to commemorate a typo, I suppose. 

 

Kel and I stopped for some lunch at Nate’s.  The food was still really good.  At least my Western burger was great.  Kel’s chicken fried steak sandwich looked good too.  And their fried okra is some of the best around.  Crispy.  That’s the secret …

 

Mark 8:35 says, “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.”

 

Father, thank you for Ernest and the encouragement he offers every time I see him.  Please bless him for that.  Amen.

No comments: