Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 9 – “Patient patience”

I got my usual early morning work at the computer in yesterday.  Old news.  I do that pretty much every day.  I did get word from our church website administrator that there have been some issues with our domain name.  It caused the site to go offline for a time, but she got everything all straightened out.  Thanks, Jennifer. 

 

Later in the day I spent some time out in the garage.  It is time to start work on my yearly carving for Chris’ Christmas present.  I knew right away what my idea was.  Now it will just take some doing to finish out the details and connect all the dots before Christmas Day.  Meanwhile she was inside working on her latest quilt creation.  I have lost track of who this one is for.  She has a list going of quilts she wants to make.  Of course no one has seen her list (not even me – it’s in her head), so no one needs to be particularly patient.  If you’re on it, you’ll eventually get it …

 

Last night we took another evening walk around the block.  Chris got winded.  My hip hurt.  Freddy for some reason walked extra slow.  It was a tough fifteen or twenty minutes for the Vaughan Family.  We still haven’t heard when Chris’ next appointment is with the cath lab.  They were supposed to call Monday.  She called yesterday and got pretty much nowhere.  We’ll see what happens today.

 

Speaking of Freddy … as I type this she is in her usual spot, one of the rocking chairs in the study – the one with all the padding, of course.  I guess she must have fallen asleep and started dreaming or something, because all of a sudden she started howling like a wolf at the moon.  It was quite odd … even eerie.  I turned around to see what was going on, and I think she woke herself up.  She was shaking her head and her eyes were kind of glazed over.  I asked her what her problem was, and she came out of it and stared at me with her big ol’ puppy dog eyes, like, “What?  It wasn’t me.”  Goofy dog.

 

Psalms 126:5 says, “Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.”

 

Father, please grant this patient patience with the cath lab folks.  Sounds like their scheduler could use a little grease in the wheels.  Amen.

No comments: