Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6 – “Not much”

 

There's really not much to talk about today.  At school I worked on the sermon for awhile until I got so sleepy I had to get up and walk around.  Come to find out it had been almost two hours.  Chris would kill me if she found out I sat still for that long without stretching.  I confess, I was extremely stiff when I stood up.  The kids were in pretty good spirits.  They told me Tuesdays were better than Mondays.  I guess they are more into the swing of things. 

 

The highlight of my day by far was when I went and played with the kindergarten class.  Actually it was more the two four year old boys.  We crawled around on the floor playing with the blocks and those big-sized legos.  One time a little guy put together some legos and I showed him how they made the letter L.  He said, "No, Pastor Kelley.  It's not Letter L.  It's a gun.  Pow."  Well, OK.  They were great at their colors and counting, though. 

 

I guess the only other highlights of the day were first, when Chris called on her way to Bay City.  She asked if I could hear what was happening.   Sounded like wind or waves to me.  Finally she said, "There it is!  There it is!  All zeroes.  We have one hundred thousand miles."  I can think of other things to get excited about, especially since Firestone refused to do an alignment because of some obscure swine flu for cars or something.  They wanted us to spend $1600.  Chris said she would never spend that much on that car ever.

 

Second, was my trip to Wal Mart.  I got four tubs of Blue Bell.  It's on sale at Kroger's.  I was supposed to get milk too.  But they were out.  Wal Mart was out of milk.  Out of all milk.  Well, except for one half gallon that was covered with some kind of nasty stuff.  Seems that they are replacing their coolers tonight.  I had to go to Randalls.

 

Colossians 2:6-7 says, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

 

Father, Thank you.  I know I'm not overflowing, but I do mean it.  Amen.


No comments: