Thursday, May 14, 2015

May 14 – “Who is that guy?”

Once again someone must have left open the back door to WalMart’s weird people room.  Either that or they were out searching for the guy walking his leaf blower.  Chris glanced out our front window yesterday and noticed several people walking by.  By the time I got there, I only saw one.  Maybe it was for the best that I only saw one of them.  This guy was dressed exactly like a chef.  Dark clothes underneath a pristine, white, full-length apron.  He even carried a white towel across his arm.  The only thing he was missing was his tall white chef hat and the costume would have been perfect.  Why would a chef be walking through our neighborhood?  No idea.  But I really love this neighborhood. 

And speaking of WalMart, other than a quick trip there to pick up some last-minute items for our trip, I have stayed inside.  At least the Astros were entertaining last night.  Home run by Springer in the bottom of the eighth for the win.  I’m doing my best to drown this cold or whatever this malady is that has overtaken me.  Coffee.  Iced tea.  Hot tea with honey (Thanks, Jim and Laura Stone.  I’m scraping the bottom of the jar I got from you, by the way.  Great stuff).  An orange here and there.  Some fresh pineapple.  Water.  And then last night I kept the flow going with some Nyquil.  Stinky stuff, that Nyquil.  When I walked into the bedroom Chris said she could smell it.  Sorry about that, but I have to admit, it works.  At least for me.  Helped me stay asleep (for the most part) until just before 5 a.m. when I had to get up anyway.  Guess I’ll keep pushing fluids today and stay near a bathroom. 

Colossians 3:12-14 says, Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”


Father, could we rush this cold along just a little bit?  I’d really like to feel good for our trip.  Amen.

No comments: