Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 30 - “Company Coming”


Well, we had company coming, so you know what that meant. The big thing was, of course, cleaning house. Sweeping and vacuuming, primarily. At least I didn’t have to mop this time. 


We also had to make a major outdoor decision. Mow the grass or water the lawn. It wasn’t too hard to talk myself out of mowing. Of course, that meant I also had to follow my lovely mentor around the yard watering plants as well as grass. It’s hard to try to live up to someone with such a green thumb as Chris. 


And there was still one more major task on tap before the House could be deemed “ready.”  Freddy needed a bath. Not my favorite activity in the world, but Freddy is really chill about the whole thing. 


Finally we were able to take a breath. I used the opportunity to add a piece or two to the

jigsaw puzzle. And I may or may not have dozed off. Just for a minute … or twenty. 


Our final task of the afternoon was errands. Just two. First was Pets Mart. Freddy has been out  of her chew sticks for a while now. We grabbed an extra package. 


Finally, we went to Randall’s again. We each had a prescription to pick up. And believe it or not … we drove right past Walmart and didn’t go in.  


After all that preparation, it was great to welcome Josh and Christi and their kiddos. Well, Zak and Lindsey and Owen (a friend) won’t get here until tonight sometime. Beach today.  Let’s go. 


‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬ says, Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.


Father, thank you for the safe journeys. Amen. 

No comments: