Sunday, May 5, 2024

May 5 - “Excursed”


Back at it. I decided to give the old back a try at working through the tightness and pain. Gotta say … it did pretty well. We even did one of our miles at a pace under 18 minutes. Big deal for me. Piece of cake for Chris. 


We did get to watch a very brief splotch of a Star Wars movie. It was the one with Old Leia and Huckleberry Finn and Rey and Han Jr. and Zombie Luke. May the force be with you, and all that jazz. 


We “excursed” on a brief excursion in the afternoon. Yesterday was official Voting Day. All we had to choose were the mayor and the City Council representative from our district. There was nobody there to vote when we arrived. We wheeled Sam right in. She got her voting code with no problem, as did Chris and I. In and out in less than five minutes. And that included picking up our “I voted” stickers. Done and done. 


Psalm‬ ‭139‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭says, If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.


Father, please be with the victors in the election. Walk with them as they serve the city. Amen. 

No comments: