Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February 14 – “Hallmark-induced holiday syndrome?”


Well I woke up early this morning, even for me.  Five fifteen and I was wide awake.  I tried to doze off again, but it just wasn’t happening.  I’m fairly certain that urge to doze will overwhelm me come about 9:30 or 10:00, but in the meantime, I gave up and got up.  I actually had to get Chris’s Valentine ready anyway.  I already got her something incredibly romantic, of course.  It has been in its hiding place for a week or so now.  I had to retrieve that (No, I can’t say what it is until she has opened it) and then work on the homemade card.  See, I don’t succumb to the Hallmark-induced holiday syndrome of having to buy a card, even though it is nice to have that as an option.  But I enjoy making my own.  Well, at least for Chris.  She doesn’t usually laugh at me for too long.  In fact she sometimes even really likes them.  Not sure about today’s, though.  It’s a visual verse style pictogram thing.  We’ll see when she wakes up.  Yep, part of my gift … let her sleep.

Speaking of Valentine’s Day, I have to spend the day getting things ready for the Ash Wednesday service at church tonight.  And we have to make a Sam’s run.  And deliver the stuff to church.  And we are thinking about slapping a quick paint job on the bare frame portion of the car.  And pick up some medications at Randall’s.  And go to the bank.  At least somewhere in there I get to burn stuff.  Gotta get those ashes from somewhere, right?

Why the frenzy of activity?  We leave tomorrow for Waco.  Zak is getting baptized on Sunday.  Can’t miss that major milestone.  Rumor has it that we may also try to do another sneak and run mini-vacation.  Details to be announced … on the fly, of course.  Perhaps we’ll head west this time …

Psalms 33:8-9 says, “Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him.  For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.”

Father, thank you for my beautiful valentine.  Sure do love her.  Amen.

No comments: