Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 10 – “At the end of the leash was …”

Well, we do have some interesting people in our neighborhood.  I glanced out of our front window yesterday and noticed what I first thought to be a couple out with their dog for an early Saturday morning stroll.  Certainly not unusual in itself, especially in our neighborhood.  After all, Chris and I are often the couple doing the walking.  But for some reason these two caught my attention.  Part of that, I suppose, was because I didn’t recognize them.  We do watch out for each other in Gulf Village.  And I guess the other part would be that I wanted to see what kind of dog that was they were walking.

They disappeared behind the big oleander bush before I could see the creature that was obviously tugging strongly at his leash.  A brief glimpse before they vanished behind the car piqued my interest for sure.  There was something very different about whatever was on the front end of that tether.  I turned my full attention to the sight outside our glass storm door.  This I was not going to miss.  And as they emerged … I was a bit stunned, to say the least.  The man was there, as was his female human counterpart.  But the dog was … not exactly a dog.  The man was indeed struggling with his grip.  But this wasn’t a leash at all.  He was holding … a leaf blower.  Yep.  By the handle, just as if he was clearing a path of debris in front of his fair maiden so she could walk upon a totally unobstructed path.  What a knight in shining armor.  What a role model for young husbands everywhere.  What a … strange man.  But then, we do live less than a mile from WalMart, and you know what interesting people can be seen there every day.

Psalms 25:6 says,Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.”


Father, thank you for the great array of people you have created and placed in my little part of your world.  They make for an incredible adventure.  Amen.

No comments: