Wednesday, September 27, 2017

September 27 – “The wrath of the uncontrollable …”

Ragweed and cedar were off the charts in Waco the last few days, so I had a pretty miserable day and a half or so.  I’m just glad Chris had a Benadryl in her purse, or the Waco Children’s Museum would have experienced the wrath of the uncontrollable sneeze.  I was still sniffling and sneezing when we got home.

My neck is waking me up a little more than usual.  It’s not so much that it is painful.  The problem is more the electrical impulses that make me want to claw off the entire right side of my face.  I think maybe this is what Van Gough had that caused him to cut off his ear.  Then once it was off, it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time to present it to his lady love.   I do have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday.  The doctor’s office called me on Monday to see how I was doing and get some more information.  I thought, “How nice of them.”  Then she indicated that the doctor might want to see me sooner based on the new information.  “But keep that appointment just in case.  We’ll call and let you know if anything changes.”  Well.  Now I have something else to think about.

We didn’t even get halfway home before the relief effort phone calls started coming in.  Josh’s church has several crews ready to go to work doing some mucking out, but they have nowhere to go.  They were hooked up with an organization in Katy, but that group decided to shut down operations.  Now we’re trying to get them plugged in with someone else.  I found out that Brazoria County has set up a pretty impressive website and organization effort.  I let Josh know about that option.  Some of our Seaside people are also making calls to their contacts.  I heard yesterday that there are some groups with hundreds of homes still on their muckout list, but they are hesitant to share those names with outside groups.  Now, that is not first-hand knowledge, and I didn’t ask what groups (don’t really want to know).  Assuming it is an accurate assessment, I don’t know if that’s a political decision or a jealousy decision or if they are honestly concerned about the homeowners’ welfare.  Seems to me, though, that getting rid of the nastiness as quickly as possible should be the immediate goal for everyone. 

1 John 1:6-7 says, “If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”


Father, please grease some wheels between agencies and entities so that the human beings can receive the help they need.  Amen.

No comments: