Yesterday I woke up fighting the good ol’ September drip, drip, drip of excess post nasal fluidity. Very annoying.
But it was Thursday Clean House Day once again. Strange how that keeps happening every single week. And somehow Chris never forgets. She tackled the bathrooms and dusting. I had the sweeping and vacuuming. Freddy just lolled around, watching us (always wanted to use the word “loll” in a real sentence. Thanks, Freddy).
I made an order online for some more birthday cards. The Mardel site had exactly zero available. Hmm. Interesting. I then went to the old standby, LifeWay. Not only did they have some, but they were on sale for just $3.99. Great bargain. Kind of scary, though. Wonder if they are dumping inventory in anticipation of not carrying them anymore.
But then, when I went to the checkout page, I saw that it wasn’t Lifeway at all. They had farmed out the boxed cards orders to Christian Book Distributors. Oh well. Seaside had an account with them anyway.
However, I got an email from them shortly after the order. The card needed to be updated. Oops. Thought I had checked that. I made the required changes, and soon got another email that all was well. Phew! Hope these folks appreciate their upcoming birthday cards.
Today we are heading to Bryan, Texas, to watch some football. Luke has a junior high game at 4:30. Caleb plays in the high school game at 7. There is also a junior varsity game in between. Go, Wind Skyhawks!
Oh! I forgot the really exciting news. I figured out how to fix my email. Remember, every incoming email automatically went to the Trash file? There was a drop down menu on the computer page of yahoo. One of the options was exactly what I’ve been looking for. Pushed one button and boom! All repaired.
Psalms 18:2 says, The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Father, be with the boys in the football games today. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment