Thursday, July 23, 2026

July 23 - “Chattin’ with the Ed’s”


Yesterday was another PT day for Chris. And she wasn’t the only one back there. Ed from church came through at one point. He was there following doctor’s orders to get in his cardiac rehab. He showed me a selfie he took with Chris in the back room. I cautioned him against spending too much much time with my bride. 


 After he left, another couple arrived. The guy (another Ed) was a retired fire fighter for Galveston. Somehow he knew who I was, so he struck up a conversation with me. And, boy, could he ever talk. He had story after story about his time with the department. Old school. He also knew Nathan. Remembered him well, in fact, because Nathan was so well-trained when he joined Galveston. He was quite impressed. Thanks for the chat, Ed. 


Back at home I began the process of figuring out a discrepancy with one of the charges on our Discover bill. Whatever the item was, it came through Amazon. Started there. All they could tell me was that it was from another vendor who was just registered through Amazon. They suggested I contact Discover.  So … no help there. I moved to Discover. Problem there was that they are in the process of transferring over to be Capital One. Website it’s down indefinitely. Great. I’ll keep searching. 


We are still keeping an eye on the Gulf. Most reports said Tropical Storm Bertha was not going to amount to much. It weakened when it went over Louisiana, but then it eased back into the Gulf again. Now we just have to wait and see. 


‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭25‬ says, This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing?


Father, be with the Ed’s. Keep them safe and bless them. Amen. 

No comments: